Chino, CA asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for California

Q: What kind of attorney would I be looking to hire?

I was most recently got cahsed down by a boyfriend who hit my car. Now the other big issue is I have filed several police reports about this man and the Sheriff's have completely violated my rights by making excuses for him. After looking at all my police reports the Sheriffs left out very important information on the reports. Due to their negligence I am constantly being threatened, taken hostage, and abused by this man. However the way they have handled my cases is beyond belief. The accident happened under Casino Surveillance. Yet the officers was extremely rude and intimadating. He had just done a hit and run yet the Sheriff acted as if I was to blame and disregarded that I was a victim.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Karas
John Karas
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Temecula, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Hire an attorney to file a Civil Harassment Restraining Order on your behalf. A subpoena can be issued to obtain the casino surveillance tape to bolster your case.

If your BF caused damage to your car, submit a claim to your auto insurance carrier. If you have a deductible you had to pay out of pocket, you can also sue him in Small Claims court .

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.