Lancaster, CA asked in Domestic Violence and Family Law for California

Q: How to get domestic/civil restraining order dropped by two mandated reporters waited months to report the alleged abuse

Oct 15 2021 my sister and mother were in a physical confrontation where my mom suffered injury. This has occurred before(have pics) sister had none. She was asked to leave so they could calm down..instead she moved in next door with a neighbor/friend of 20 years.she had not been allowed to see grandkids. 11/23/2021she baked a pie for my mom with message "from me and (grandkid)". 11/29/2021 mom asked sis (legal resident of neighbor) to see dilyn.was Granted permission then was attacked while holding grandchild by neighbor. I witnessed. we called police mom did not want to press charges. We took pictures. On social media neighbor accuses mom of assault, abusing disabled step cousin abuse in the past (didnt inform asnyone & owns a daycare &cont. friendship w/,mom) sister posts on fb falsely accused my mom of years of abuse. Never reported. 12/8/2021sis and neighbor filed restraining order domestic and civil abuse. Sister is IHSS provider-didnt alert anyone of abuse. More info no space

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: More info needed.

I suggest you type up a complete summary and consult with a local lawyer. This question deserves more attention than a quick answer.

You should have a lawyer put the matter on calendar if he thinks the facts warrant it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.