Brooklyn, NY asked in Real Estate Law for New York

Q: Grandmother was manipulated into signing a deed transfer that she did not intend to. She wants to fix her mistake.How ?

Her son who has lived out of state for over 40 years had her sent to an attorney who coerced her to sign a deed transfer. Her son was not present. She was not aware that the attorney she was sent to had her sign a quitclaim. How can she have the transfer put aside.?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elaine Shay
Elaine Shay
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: There is no simple form or other step to take. Litigation is required to correct this situation unless the party the property was transferred to agrees to transfer the property back to your grandmother. Be sure to retain an attorney with experience in real estate litigation not just transactional work to represent her.

Anthony M. Avery agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.