Bakersfield, CA asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Workers' Compensation for California

Q: I had to fire my workmens comp attorney a few days ago am now without one hearing tomorrow do u know what I should do

Mal practice forced me to let him go so close to my settlement hearing case has been open over 5 years had 2 MRI 2 nerve scans done never got any results back never was giving a primary doc that would except me without the results to my tests I collected workmens comp 2 years with basically no treatment or explanation of my injury or test results sorry for my world smallest violin story but it's just some of the barriers that have been placed before me and hope gives you better understanding y I had to let my lawyer go my manditory settlement hearing is tomorrow and I feel like I'm going to throw up just out of fear of representing myself not to mention the list of all the things that I have been denied including test results when I first reported my injury 8-14-16 the day after my injury my back is so much worse now qme determined it happened at work I'm so mentally drained I'm scared my back is never going to heal and I'm going to never get the help I need to recover please help

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Alan Jackson
Gary Alan Jackson
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Huntington Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: you should let the judge know that you would like some time to find a new lawyer. a judge will nealry always give you time to find a new attorney as they dont want you to represent your self, unless you have done this several times already. it sounds like maybe you just endured a non responsive attrorney for too long. any of us listed on this site can provide you a free consultation. we just cant tell you to call us or solicit for business here in any way. so you just need to reach out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.