Broken Arrow, OK asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Domestic Violence and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: How do I file emergency injunction against ex who has primary custody to prevent him enrolling child in military school?

My ex husband is neglectful and abusive to our daughter and he's alienated me from my daughter for years. I had no money to get an attorney to enforce the order. Now I an trying to either enter pro se or possibly get an OAR attorney which is done on the sliding scale. I have reported to dHs And she has also self-reported the abuse to DHS, as well as a doctor from the hospital. That medical neglect is documented and provable. He's also a neglected her emotionally by not following the order to get them both counseling. She is 16 and. She came to live with me when school was out this summer. he had grabbed her by the arm and left bruises. Also he kicked her emotional support dog. He torments her daily. He's tried to have her arrested at least a dozen times for running away when she came to my house, but did not succeed. He's trying to put her in military school. I need help filling an emergency injunction to prevent this but I don't know what to put on it or where to get the form. Thank

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: While I can respect your position you need to contact an attorney to assist you with this because this is not something you want to try to do alone. If money is an issue then you may want to contact free legal aid and see if they can help first, but they have a busy workload. Short of that just need to contact attorneys until you find one that can work within your budget. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.