Worcester, MA asked in Real Estate Law for Massachusetts

Q: my grandparents left my uncle and mother property in NH. My mother recently passed away and I have a court date that m

he wants me to have no rights. i'm not on the will but guess have rights to half the property. is that true

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: There is not enough information to truly answer your question other than to say that the Will is an important instrument which could well address the issue of the interest in real estate and it is also unclear where your mother was a resident- Massachusetts? New Hampshire? as the State of her residence would address issues involving her estate. Also if your mother was a tenant in common with uncle this is a different situation from being a joint tenant which depends on survivorship. Lastly, but not less importantly, you have also indicated there is some upcoming Court date. You should contact counsel ASAP to address this proceeding.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.