Asked in Land Use & Zoning, Real Estate Law and Tax Law for Massachusetts

Q: Can a deal be made with the city of Methuen if you owe taxes on real state

I was having a rough couple years domestic violence, health ,unfortunately , I owe real state taxes for the city of Methuen they want to foreclose on my property can I make a payment plan is there anything I can do , my situation has change and I’m able to pay the taxes moving forward and setting a payment plan for the past due

1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher Tolley
Christopher Tolley
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Contact the tax collector, explain theyour situation, and see if you can arrive at a payment plan.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.