Orlando, FL asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for Florida

Q: What type of lawyer do I need to hire in a matter of being falsely accused by an individual and targeted by the person.

I've had an individual file report accusing me of things I have not done and know nothing about with the local state and fed. This guy is targeting me because he for she rain thinks I've slept with his girlfriend or whatever she is. I don't know if this girl is feeding him a bunch of lies or what but I could care less. I want nothing to do with him or her or any of their nonsense. The local police have proven useless to me always maybe because I have a minor drug charge from long ago and this guy served in the military once. I don't know but I don't trust the police or this scumbag. So I hire an attorney. I have no idea how with little money to do so but if I do what type of lawyer do I need? I am clueless as to what I can do and how. I mean this guy has already threatened to kill me and the local cops have done nothing. It's their duty and they neglect every single time. What type of attorney do I hire and from where? I need one that I can trust to help with the police and him

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael  Mayoral
Michael Mayoral
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Generally speaking, a criminal defense attorney would know best how to navigate the criminal justice system and analyze what is happening in order to tell you if any crimes are actually being committed against you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.