Coventry, RI asked in Banking, Civil Rights, Elder Law and Identity Theft for Rhode Island

Q: Foreclosure,check fraud,SNAP fraud,credit cards open.Family member took advantage of grandmother. She's out 25,000+HELP

Family member was caregiver for grandmother was supposed to pay mortgage,bills.. Never paid mortgage. grandmother will lose house foreclosure, she's out $20,000. Family member left grandmother bank account $0. Grandmother's social security check went into bank account&stimulus checks we don't know where any of that money went. Open credit cards in grandmother name. Got state food stamps benefits didn't report her husband income. I have proof he works. Family member Signed my grandmother's name on grandfather pension checks. Went to state police their doing nothing said need civil rights attorney. My grandmother has low income&NO ONE TO HELP!!What can be done. Does this Family member just get away with this???? my grandmother will have to foreclosure on house? I have stuff from cc company saying Family member added herself as user on accts.I have her husband paystub showing proof of income snap benefits fraud. I have pension checks signing my grandmother's name, ck cashed money took

1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: is a good place for you to start to seek help for your elderly relative. Good luck to both of you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.