Rhode Island Elder Law Questions & Answers

Q: My attorney has ignored my emails,phone calls, even 2 certified letters for 2 yrs now. 6+ yr case, what do I do?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Elder Law for Rhode Island on
Answered on Sep 8, 2018
T. J. Jesky's answer
My gosh, do you need to be hit by lightning first? Do you think if you wait another year, this attorney will wake-up and call you? It does not sound that you signed an engagement letter with this attorney. To determine if you have a malpractice case against this attorney, would depend on the damages you suffered, i.e., the statute limitations would prevent you to move forward with this case.

Go engage another attorney, if you believe you have a valid case!

Q: A friend of mine would like to change her guardian, who just sold her house and car without asking her. Can she change?

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Estate Planning, Family Law and Elder Law for Rhode Island on
Answered on Nov 27, 2017
Neville Bedford's answer
Your friend would do well to meet with an attorney practicing probate and guardian law.

Q: With A Reverse Mortgage, does the" home owner/ occupant " have the right to re-purchase or sell the home?

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law and Real Estate Law for Rhode Island on
Answered on May 3, 2017
Neville Bedford's answer
They should read that contract they signed to get the money.

Q: What do I have to do to get a legal document stating my son is my caregiver we do not want yo get paid for it

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Elder Law and Estate Planning for Rhode Island on
Answered on Oct 6, 2016
Neville Bedford's answer
Meet with an attorney to create documents necessary for your son to act on your behalf.

Q: is there a title 36 in rhode island, for a mentally ill adult for evaluation ordered by the courts?

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law for Rhode Island on
Answered on Feb 10, 2016
Neville Bedford's answer
There are many rules in the various courts for addressing evaluations. Title 36 Parks, Forests, and Public Property can't be what you are referring to. Are you referring to the federal court rule 35? https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_35 that makes more sense.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.