Q: I have a right to sue letter from the EEOC. Is it possible to have an attorney fill out the form without signing it?

I will sign it and do not need to know who filled it out. I can submit documentation or breakdown the charge for filing. This is an employment issue in regards to working for The State of Alabama (twenty-three years) age/gender discrimination for wrongful termination. Based on pretext, the state wanted a younger female (under forty) was given my job (male sixty). I am looking for out of court settlement. I was fired for theft without proof. The money was at the bank put in a night depository. It was never disclosed to me when the money was discovered by the bank only that they had it. I was also charged with insubordination (my word against the supervisor) to bolster my firing. Six months later in the States position statement it was revealed the money was recovered so the firing is now based on insubordination. I have many documents proving the insubordination was from the female who got my job. I have an audio tape of a cover up meeting doing just that.

1 Lawyer Answer
Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Columbus, OH

A: It's unclear what you are asking. If you have a right-to-sue letter from the EEOC, you need to ensure you file a lawsuit within 90 days of your receipt of the letter if you are intending to do so. You should contact an employment law attorney in your area as soon as possible to discuss your options of filing a lawsuit or obtaining a pre-litigation settlement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.