Murrysville, PA asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Defense and Traffic Tickets for Ohio

Q: My son was in accident and at fault. He had no insurance. On the ticket they put the wrong first name.

Will he have to show proof of insurance in court or will it be thrown out? There were no injuries but both cars totaled. The ticket said the offense was "stop sign". It also says he does not need to appear in person. Can this be thrown out without showing proof of insurance?

1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Tickets with incorrect names on them do not get thrown out. They get corrected. He is going to get a license suspension from the BMV for not having insurance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.