Green Cove Springs, FL asked in Criminal Law, Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Constitutional Law for Florida

Q: Can I obtain legal council pro bono I’m so not have a job or any money since being released from prison a year ago

I have a co defendant that is incarcerated for the charges of possession of cannabis greater than 20 grams

It is said that I have charges coming against me for sales of meth months prior

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If you are charged with a crime and cannot afford a private attorney, the Court will likely appoint an attorney to represent you at no cost to you. If you are seeking advice about your situation though not yet charged with anything, call criminal defense attorneys in your area, and you will probably be able to get some free advice on how to conduct yourself if you are being investigated.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.