Wellington, CO asked in Insurance Bad Faith, DUI / DWI, Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Colorado

Q: I was rear ended by a drunk driver. He never gave his insurance to me or police. Is it legal for me to call/ go see him?

The police report we were given has his name, phone number, address, and the information for the owner of the car (his mom.) It seems like the only way to ask him for his insurance is to call, send a letter, or go to his house. I wasn't sure if any of those options are ok to do.

1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA

A: Especially if you are injured, but in general, accident/injury lawyers will provide you a free initial consultation and I recommend that you contact a few and take us up on it. You will obtain a better understanding of the process and perhaps get a better idea on how to proceed ----and perhaps decide that it's necessary to hire an attorney to represent you. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.