Asked in Immigration Law and International Law

Q: Will I be permitted entry into the USA for recreational travel?

I am a Canadian citizen, with an expired 10 year green card which I had from childhood.

1 Lawyer Answer
Agnes Jury
Agnes Jury
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Traverse City, MI

A: You may be asked by the Border Patrol officer to address whether you have abandoned your residency in the US and/or wish to formally do so but regardless of that as long as you are able to convince the border patrol officer that you are entering the US for recreational purposes and intend to return to Canada, and there are no other reasons why you may be ineligible to enter the US (ex: criminal record), then. you should be permitted to enter. Best wishes!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.