Pawtucket, RI asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Rhode Island

Q: How do you stop a visit with child when there is a sexual abuse investigation open by dcyf on the other parent ?

my son was inpatient at a psychiatric hospital for trying g to commit suicide.he told the drs he is being sexually abused by his biological father. There is no a pending investigation open with dcyf due to this information. The biological father will be here in a few days to pick him up. How can I stop this visit from happening when we have joint custody? I am the custodial parent

1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: To make DCYF aware of the situation call 1800RICHILD. It is rather peculiar that the mandated reporters at the hospital did not make this report. Perhaps they did not have this information.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.