Carlstadt, NJ asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for New Jersey

Q: I filed a motion in NJ to modify parenting time. We had a oral argument back in January 2022. Still no judge decision.

I filed a motion in NJ to modify parenting time. We had a oral argument back in January 2022. It's April still no decision... How long does judge has to rule on the motion? is there a time frame? If not, based on modification child can be enrolled in school district by my residence (Pre-K), enrollment started. Right now none of us is designated as PPR, we live 100 miles apart. 2-2-3 schedule. Child for now attends private day care by my work, outgrown all kids there. What should I do? Can I enroll child based on best interest ? And "deal with consequences" of my decision later ? Secondary I filed Motion to enforce my right to sell the house based on failure with refinance within given time. Our order stated that in that case house will be listed for sale but opposing party refuse to sell. Still waiting for decision about it as well.

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: If you are represented by counsel, you must direct your questions to your attorney. There is a shortage of Judges and the vast majority of Judges and other courts personnel are working remotely, so no, this is not a long period of time for a decision.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.