Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Florida

Q: Woman taking child support out on me saying she is childrens grandmother but in fact she gave her son up for adoption 7

was ordered to pay child support but just recently givibg information that the grandmother taking support out on me is in fact not there legal grandmother she originally gave there father up for odoption when he was 7 so no loger legally my childrens fathers mother can i do anything legally and can i Terminate child support?

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I don't know what you mean by "taking child support out", but if you are the parent of the child or children, you have to pay child support which, will go to someone. If this woman takes care of the children, she is entitled to the child support, even if she isn't their "legal grandmother".

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.