Flint, MI asked in Consumer Law for Michigan

Q: I bought something online through a website. I was told that I would be able to get a refund if need be.

She has scammed others and I have the proof online from reviews. I just want my money back and she’s refusing to give it to me like she promised. She asked me to stop emailing her and got mad when I said I’d have to involve the authorities.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Evan Ficaj
Evan Ficaj
  • Livonia, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Save all communications or documentation, especially where she said she would provide a refund. Also, save all receipts, contracts, and terms & conditions. If this is on her website, try saving the site as a .pdf with the URL and timestamp in the header or footer. Then, if you paid with a credit card or a payment provider such as PayPal, you could try disputing the claim with them.

If you did not use a credit card or a payment provider, or if they cannot assist you, it may be worth having an attorney review the transaction to help you determine whether you have a breach of contract claim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.