Los Angeles, CA asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Washington

Q: Does this fall into tort of outrage or intent to inflict emotional damage?


They took her into their office, stated they would be happy to meet with her alone and only alone, while knowing she was in and out the hospital, to bully her, and told her she was treated differently than her neighbors, because I, her daughter, spoke out about gentrification. They told her they relocated her neighbors, and if we remove things and apologies they would do the same. We said sorry and told down things (she never asked me to do) and they still evicted her. Made us believe if we did anything different we wouldn't have been evicted. When the investigation by the Seattle Office of Civil rights was completed, they lied about everything - and changed their story.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Washington attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. It looks like you're talking about the tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress. To meaningfully answer your question, you could reach out to law firms to discuss. It could be one thing for a matter to meet the textbook elements of a particular tort, but a consult might help you learn about the practical aspects of pursuing such an action, such as costs or prospects for a successful outcome. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.