Oakland, CA asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury and Domestic Violence for California

Q: Looking for low income or probono legal aid, for someone with mental disabilities who has been repeatedly abused

I am looking for help in filing charges against a psych nurse who has repeatedly encouraged me to self harm over the last 4 years and has on multiple occasions violated my hippa, She has knowingly and willingly encouraged self harm and told me several times to commit suicide. I have attempted several times to get a restraining order and attempt to get protection from this person with no success as the courts have not been easily accessible or accommodating to my mental health issues and general health. As this has been a repeat thing the nurse has continually harrassed and threatened me. Continual intimidation from her has left me with zero protection and the ability to file a professional complaint. I am loosing my life to this and have no resources to continue the fight to gain protection from my abuser.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Change nurses asap???

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.