Los Angeles, CA asked in Real Estate Law for Arizona

Q: I purchased property in Arizona paid cash have the receipt but now she refuses to quit deed it.

I have the receipts as well as a quit deed copy that was emailed to me but not notarized. She now refuses to go to the county the county and put this land in my name what can I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sean Woods
Sean Woods
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: The details of this case are necessary to provide specific answers. However, generally, the chain of title should be recorded with the County's Recorder's Office.

In this situation - when the seller refuses to transfer title - you typically would file an action in the Superior Court to "Quiet Title." This means you are asking the Court to look at the facts - including your payment of cash - to determine who has the rights and interests in the Real Property.

If you have a contract for the transfer of title, you may also sue for breach of contract or, in the alternative, unjust enrichment.

You may also - depending on the particular facts - potentially have a fraud or negligent misrepresentation case.

I hope this helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.