Q: Hello. I wanted to know if I have a case or a changing of winning a case?

So, I loaned my ex boyfriend $4500 back in October 2021 and he promised he would pay me back monthly but has not. He has made false promises(I have text messages) month after month that he would pay me but then he doesn't. This has screwed up my credit and put a financial burden on me. The issue is, I live in California and he lives in Arizona. I just want to get my life back on track. I hope this can be a pro bino case as well because I cannot afford to pay a lawyer in this circumstance. I feel like he took advantage of my kindness and the fact that I am legally blind.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Collections Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in California

A: Consider small claims court where you may represent yourself.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.