Harrisonville, MO asked in Immigration Law for Missouri

Q: I have a question about my 190 bio appointment and application and need to speak with an immigration base in Missouri.

I need to know if I can reapply, still have my PR status or will I now be deported

You did not appear for your scheduled appointment.

Therefore, USCIS considers your application abandoned and you are not eligible for replacement of

Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card.

You may not appeal this decision. However, if you believe that the denial of your Form I-90 is in

error, you may file a Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion, within 30 calendar days of the d

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Milwaukee, WI

A: More information is needed. Why did you miss the biometrics appointment? It’s unclear why you didn’t show up. You may want to file, again. You may have filed the wrong form.

I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before there are any other complications. I make appearances for adjudications at the St. Louis USCIS Office, when necessary.

Adan Vega
Adan Vega
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: You seem to have been granted lawful permanent resident status in the past and you were filing the FORM I-90 to extend the validity of you resident status card.

You must keep in mind that you are a lawful resident until such time that an immigration judge declares that you are no longer able to occupy that status. The fact that your resident card is expired does NOT mean that you are no longer a permanent resident of the U.S.

You should visit with an experienced immigration attorney in any location in the U.S. to assist and guide you with this matter.

Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.