Denver, CO asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Landlord - Tenant for Colorado

Q: I was illegally kicked out of my apartment and would like to sue for being made homeless. What kind of attorney do I nee

I was initially evicted, but worked with another lawyer to get the eviction removed. I still had to leave my apartment with only a days notice and have since been homeless. I would like to sue them, but I am having difficulty finding what type of lawyer I need to find to help me.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Colorado attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry this happened to you. You ask what type of lawyer you need. Out of the categories you chose, landlord-tenant is probably the best place to start. Personal injury attorneys aren't likely to have experience with evictions unless it's a general practice firm. If this has placed you into financial hardship, also look into whether there are free/low-cost legal aid or pro bono resources in the Denver area. I hope you get a roof over your head soon. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.