Charlotte, NC asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Employment Law for South Carolina

Q: I am a reserve deputy in training in Richland county and a private security company would like to hire me is it lawful?

I just would like to know if there is a possibility to do both because SLED is telling me I’d have to quit my reserve position. Thank you for your time! Have a blessed day!

1 Lawyer Answer

A: More information is needed to answer this question. However, if you signed an agreement or contract as a reserve deputy, this is the first place you should turn regarding whether you are permitted to pursue other employment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.