Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
South Carolina Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Employment Law for South Carolina on
Q: I am a reserve deputy in training in Richland county and a private security company would like to hire me is it lawful?

I just would like to know if there is a possibility to do both because SLED is telling me I’d have to quit my reserve position. Thank you for your time! Have a blessed day!

Rhiannon Herbert
Rhiannon Herbert
answered on May 17, 2022

More information is needed to answer this question. However, if you signed an agreement or contract as a reserve deputy, this is the first place you should turn regarding whether you are permitted to pursue other employment.

Q: Can the law legally hold my truck and impound when it wasn't part of my charges or fines for being arrested

What I was trying to say and not so many words is I got charged with the drugs but there's no charge or fines or tickets if anything to do with the truck how can they hold it

Peter David Brown
Peter David Brown
answered on Sep 2, 2021

IF the arresting agency alleges that the vehicle was used in the futherance of the "criminal enterprise" they can seize it.

(for example: you were stopped with the drugs in the vehicle)

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Public Benefits and Criminal Law for South Carolina on
Q: A convicted felon have a saw off shotgun and kill a man with the saw off shotgun what are the state charges
Jonathan Edmond Bennett Lewis
Jonathan Edmond Bennett Lewis
answered on May 30, 2021


The likely charges are as follows:


Possession of a Weapon during the Commission of a Violent Crime.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and White Collar Crime for South Carolina on
Q: If a case was dismissed am I a convicted felon

I'm applying for an insurance license n I have a dismissed case. Legally what should I do

Michael Hajarizadeh
Michael Hajarizadeh
answered on Sep 25, 2017

I am an attorney in Oregon so keep in mind that SC law is likely different there. First, there may be a difference on what you need to and can do depending on what occurred in your case. Most legal matters are fact specific. For instance, if the prosecutor brought charges against you and then... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.