Andover, MA asked in Real Estate Law for Massachusetts

Q: MA residents, mom willed CT RE to me and sister, estate probated in MA, but no deed to us. To sell how do we show title?

Sister was Executor, I was Successor, but sister probated and closed in 2006. Sister has now died and I want to sell property. How do I show title to the property?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Sorry for your loss. Was your Mom a CT resident or a MA resident? If this is a Massachusetts Probate of estate, then an Ancillary type proceeding would need to be brought in CT and you should be in contact with a CT Probate attorney ASAP.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.