Enumclaw, WA asked in DUI / DWI for Washington

Q: Is it possible to change the date I’m supposed to get scram ankle monitor by?

Need to wait until next paycheck to afford first week, it’s most expensive

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jose A. Ceja
Jose A. Ceja
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: It is possible to get an extension but if the court gave you a deadline by which this was to be done, you must get it by the date or your bond could be revoked. A criminal defense attorney can ask your judge for an extension, or possibly get the court to waive the cost (which is sometimes done in the Houston area, depending on the court and the charge). If you do not have a lawyer yet, at a minimum, I would alert the court about your financial predicament and that you may not be able to get the SCRAM by the deadline. If you want to be extra cautious, you could get a urine test done at a private testing center every few days until you get the SCRAM device to prove that you are not drinking, although of course, there is a cost associated with this too. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.