Fitchburg, MA asked in Real Estate Law for Massachusetts

Q: Cannot get ex tenant to pay rent, owe's me for 8 months. Yell's at me for asking. I have no money left. I am a disabled

The bad thing is he is my Son . I pay the Taxes,water, and Ins. He suppose to maintain the lawn but that is also a disaster. He made the place look so bad that I can't sell the property for a good price. And things look bad since he moved in. The first year he paid for three months then stopped Raft paid for the next twelve months when that was up last September he has not paid rent until present. He has no lease that ran out in July of last year. I asked him to move then he igone's my calls. Swears at me and I do not know where to turn. I just had back surgery and have alot of medical problems. He is in a big 3 bedroom to bath house with a huge garage. I have no where to turn my money is drained from the rental property. I am in danger of losing everything because I had to charge my credit card to keep going.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If he had a lease and stayed over the expiration he is still a tenant and the eviction process called summary process is needed. You can contact an attorney who specifically handles landlord tenant matters and if son is disabled this would especially be advisable.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.