Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law and Landlord - Tenant for Nevada

Q: I am cleaning and fixing a house and exchange for low rent, I donated two cars that weren't running and now being evicte

At the house I am staying in I made an agreement with a person who manages the property for the owner, Hey agreement was that I would fix up the house and clean the property while I'm living here for a low rent, about the cars too this person many times and they've even mentioned about getting them out of there donating them or something and they told me many times that the owner was going to come and get him and I was going to come and get the stuff and the cars and many times the owner did not show up so finally I donated the cars myself, now I'm being evicted and possibly charged with GTA, and I believe that I was simply following the terms of our agreements which I asked to be in writing but were denied

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Nevada attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. At this point, you could reach out to local attorneys to discuss. A landlord-tenant attorney would probably be in the best position to advise about eviction. In terms of the cars, you already included Criminal Law for the GTA aspect of the matter. If there are charges pending, it would be advisable to consider discussing that with a criminal defense attorney. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.