Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas

Q: what happens if you are on probation and get arrested cause interference with a 911 call is that a probation violation

Basically My ex has felony possession of a weapon got probation but then got arrested for interference with a 911 call basically stopping a 911 with his gf ? Will he get violated ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: One of the most common conditions of probation is to "commit no offense against the laws of this state or of any other state or of the United States" so, if he has that condition then he may have already violated the terms of his supervision. Whether his probation is revoked because of that violation is a decision for the judge that put him on probation in the first place. If he is revoked, he could possibly serve time on the possession charge in addition to whatever punishment he might get for the interference charge... although they could run concurrently.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.