Phoenix, AZ asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Arizona

Q: can an executor of a trust be removed if he has failed to inform the beneficiary when it became irrevocable 2 1/2 yrs

my uncle has yet to tell me anything about a trust my mother left me when she passed away almost 3 years ago I only know a little because of my brother telling me .I've asked my uncle about it and still nothing .I think he is trying to cause a hardship that way I would be inclined to sell my shares of the company for a fraction of its worth he also works there as VP and treasurer .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gregory Christopher Poulos
Gregory Christopher Poulos
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: When a person has a trust, it becomes irrevocable upon their death. The successor trustee of has a fiduciary and legal obligation to report to the beneficiaries of a trust.

At a minimum, assuming you are a beneficiary, you should have been provided with, at a minimum, a copy of the relevant sections of the trust and at the one year mark been provided with a trustee's report.

The fact that there has been no communication for three years suggests either that something is wrong or that you are not actually a beneficiary. Either way, if you have not received any information, my suggestion is that you seek the assistance of an attorney who is familiar with trust administration and have them contact your uncle on your behalf.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.