Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by David Gerszewski
3 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Banking and Probate for Arizona on
Q: Is the beneficiary on the deed to my deceased sister's home obligated to reimburse me for a mortgage payment?

My sister had a beneficiary deed on her home in Arizona. The beneficiary is an ex-friend who is also the named executor of her estate. The mortgage was being paid through automatic payments from an account in South Carolina.(where she used to live) I am the beneficiary of that POD account. Because... Read more »

David Gerszewski
David Gerszewski
answered on Feb 28, 2023

I would recommend you talk to an attorney in your state as new York law may be different. If it was in Arizona we would recommend submitting a claim as creditor of the estate for the mortgage payment.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Elder Law for Arizona on
Q: Revocable living trust, dad past. Can she not read the will to the boys now, time limit on filing to make it irrevocabl.

Plus he has a special clause for if one of the boys get disabled the trust is to help him and he does not get his 20%. Pays for other items medicare does not pay.

David Gerszewski
David Gerszewski
answered on Jun 2, 2022

I would recommend you talk to an attorney review the Trust. Trusts with special needs considerations are usually more complex than a regular trust. It is very likely the trust may only became irrevocable after the spouse passes away, not after the first person passes away. An attorney will need to... Read more »

4 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Arizona on
Q: Re: A family trust 3 children, trust is to divide equally. In the trust, property is "conveyed' to one son by parents

as his sole and separate property. 3 children are the beneficiary's.

Question: Does "divide equally" mean the son has to buy the home from the trust?

Or, does it mean son gets the home as parents wish and whatever is left in the trust is then divided equally 3 ways?

David Gerszewski
David Gerszewski
answered on Jan 8, 2020

The information provided is not enough to answer your question. We would recommend that you consult with a estate planning attorney and have the attorney review the trust for you.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.