Alice, TX asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Family Law and Probate for Texas

Q: Can a Estate be over turned ?

my father just died i had to pay all the funeral but my half sister and her oldest sister were given an estate of my child home my mother gave me after she past 12yr ago and i have the first deed when they purchesed it ,after she past my dad was pretty much homless so i let him stay with me and well he remaired had an other kid and sret daughter then 6yrs ago they divorced and moved out now they made me move out because they have a paper of estate and didnt evan go to the funeral plz help now im homeless and my realy sister died 2 days after my father more to story but ,please

1 Lawyer Answer

A: You need to act fast. You should go get a copy of the Estate Paperwork, etc. They may have been required to serve you, and didn't, or created some other legal issue. However, if you do not get it all straight, you may lose anything you should have received. It sounds like you had at least 1/2 interest in the house when your mom died. However, that also may not be true. It really needs a professional look-over.


Anthony M. Avery agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.