Lubbock, TX asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas

Q: If a 21 turning 22 year old attacks 17 year old and the 17 year old shoots him in foot with gun mom gave him to get away

Ok what if it premedatated the 21 year old waited till the 16 year old turned 17 to fight and the 21 threw 1st punch

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Nicolas LeGrande
Tristan Nicolas LeGrande
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can use deadly force to defend against deadly force, or to defend yourself against becoming the victim of certain violent felonies. However, you cannot use deadly force to defend against NON-deadly force being used against you (in most circumstances). If a person is 17, they're an adult in TX for purposes of the criminal justice system. If that person has been charged with a crime related to your question, it is serious. The young man should find an attorney he trusts to defend him of the charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.