Delray Beach, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: Cancel Notice of Proceeding to Establish Administrative Support Order forms received from Florida Department of Revenue?

So my wife and I have been separated for two or so years. We still had a great relationship, just had to take care of our own issues before we would give the marriage another chance. The three children we have were living with her full time, but I also had them a decent amount of time as well. We agreed on xxxx amount of dollars per month that I would give her each month for support, and everything has been perfectly fine. The children have Medicaid insurance and my wife receives snap benefits for them as well. With that being said, we recently decided to get back together and are happier than ever. Now I received this letter in the mail from the Florida Department of Revenue in regards to child support (Notice of Proceeding to Establish Administrative Support Order) and time sharing agreements. So my question is, how do we call off the dogs and have this squashed now that we are back together?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your wife needs to notify the child support enforcement agency that you are together. This inquiry was probably triggered by the snap benefits.

Terrence H Thorgaard agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.