Orlando, FL asked in Contracts, Civil Litigation and Small Claims for Florida

Q: Civil: defendant admits under oath he walked off the job/notcomplete work, paid in full. Judge still ruled in his favor

I had the outline of what work he was to do, I paid him in full he didn't finish. In court he & his 2 witnesses admit they didn't complete the work. He also got caught lying under oath. I had proof to back up all of this. The judge ruled in favor of the defendant!

After I proved my case, showed evidence of the damages/incomplete work, proved he was paid in full. He admitted under oath to not finishing the job, and stated yes he had been paid in full.

How can she rule in his favor if he admits guilt?

What can I do now?

What steps can I take?


i feel like I'm in the twilight zone..

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Hopefully, there was a court reporter present so that a record of what happened is available. If so, find an attorney to appeal ASAP.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.