Fort Lauderdale, FL asked in Business Law and Contracts for Florida

Q: need an attorney for small clams in Broward county

I have been giving the wrong material on a construction material based on their expertise, only 80% correct I returned the 20% defection material that they kept and then their charge me additional $300. for the correct material that they made the mistake on, that they should have included in the order that I returned the defective material

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your inquiry is a bit unclear on the amount in dispute. If I understand correctly, you are disputing a $300 overcharge. For that amount or any amount under $1,000, it's probably not worthwhile for an attorney to take your case UNLESS there is a way for the attorney to make money by way of a court award of attorney's fees, which might be possible if you have a contract with the other party that has an attorney's fees clause, or if the conduct happens to be the type of conduct prohibited by the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act. Search for attorneys that handle consumer matters by using the Justia Find-a-Lawyer button on the top left of your screen, and see if one of them is willing to give you a free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.