Edgewater, FL asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Child Support for Florida

Q: Im pretty sure the documents are through the court originally. When the mother got a few years sentence.

The court ordered DNA when she wanted child support money. He is still not on birth certificate, but now 13 years later and his sentence is 40 years. His half sister found him in prison when their father died. Didn't even know of each other. Now she has hired him a lawyer in prison and he wants to know his rights. What do I do to protect my daughter? My husband and I have legal guardianship documents. Do believe at one time through the court. Now from Great grandma to h

Grandpa, then to us and has lived with us over 5 years as we are not strangers, she lives with her half brother they had same mother.

1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If the father is in prison for 40 years then I am not sure that I understand your concern. Please speak to a local family lawyer that specializes in dependency for more specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.