Providence, RI asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Massachusetts

Q: Can a probation officer from probate court take away court ordered visitation?

I volunteered for a probation officer to investigate my custody dispute currently I'm court. I currently have visitation that is ordered from the judge. I take random urines and there was a problem with the system and it reported I didn't have a urine and the probation officer said I did and because he said I missed a urine he had my visits cancelled with my daughter. I never received notice from the court, only through my childs other parents attorney saying my visits are now cancelled. How can probation over ride a judges order and cancel my visits without getting a judges permission?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: It sounds like something is amiss and you should have legal representation in this important matter which you have tried to handle pro se to your detriment. You may seek a hair follicle examination via Motion citing the information you have given in this question, but your ability to navigate the system and word your Motion and Affidavit properly would decidedly benefit from legal representation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.