Fargo, ND asked in Small Claims and Criminal Law for North Dakota

Q: what happens if money seize from raid was off in amount.. and memory card of camera taken. but not on evidence list.

before being raided. i was about to run to the bank to deposit money. i had counted the amount i had in hand. it was 11830$. but only 10500$ was on teh evidence.. as soon as they had me in handcuffs in my room. seein i had money layin out.. i had camera up. i smerkly said dont do something stupid.. ur on camera. and the lead detective was like where where do you have anythinbg else recording.. b4 takin me out to the living room. they took the memory card on my camera in my room. took my dvr for cameras i had outside. they prolly thgought footage was recorded on the dvr. dvr was on the evidence list.. but it only records cameras outside my house. there was no body cam on any of them... i had a friend over durin the raid.. he was helpin me count the money.. possibly testify how much was there. so ive been on the run with a warrant for my arrrest since 2021. 2022 june 26 they kicked in my door on a search warrant. but cuffed me for arr wrrant proceed to search while i was in jail

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Duluth, MN
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: Civil forfeiture is generally a separate proceeding if you're contesting it - but if they outright stole your money and are wondering what will happen the real answer is nothing unless you do something about it. What would you do? Likely ask the BCI to open up an investigation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.