Hillsborough, NJ asked in Divorce, Family Law, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for New Jersey

Q: I was awarded my home in the divorce. I had 60 days to refinance the balance on the mortgage. My ex was to facilitate

That 60 was extended indefinitely until I could close. He signed that agreement. He now sold home to an investor who has been harassing me to get out. Ex got a Judge to agree to throw me out a 66 year old severely disabled person. no eviction/ejection or any requests to vacate have been properly served, yet Judge said Sheriff can remove mee on 17th. 5 days from emergent motion, I was never served. My 2 service dogs & I will be on the street. He is $165,000 in arrears on support, I've tapped out my cc to live and have to have everything out of house by 17th or buyer & ex get it. NO FINANCIAL AND PHYSICAL WAY CAN IT BE DONE, BECAUSE OF MY HANDICAPS or money to pay someone. HOW DO I IMMEDIATELY STOP THIS ORDER TO VACATE PROPERTY AND TURN OVER MY KEY by 17th. OBVIOUSLY, NO MONEY FOR ATTORNEY. This is a family court Judge who has also gave him my POA to close on the house and execute a QDRO as he choses.. Not an impartial party. Best part she refuses to let me say a thing or participate

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Due to your financial problems, contact New Jersey Legal Services for an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.