Washington, DC asked in Landlord - Tenant for Maryland

Q: I am trying to break my year rental lease in Maryland because I’m not happy with my roommates, the landlord’s children.

I’m leasing from a couple who own a townhouse that their daughters are living in. The daughters and sisters are not on speaking terms and I feel very uncomfortable in the house. I’m looking for options on how to break the lease and they did say that they would be willing to end it if they found someone else to live there but my landlords aren’t looking themselves, their daughter is and she told me it wasn’t a priority. Is there any other way I can get out early. The only thing listed in my least is the Maryland act which is 90 day notice.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard A Englander
Leonard A Englander
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Annapolis, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Unfortunately, nothing your describing would give you cause to break your lease. You will have to negotiate with the Landlord and see what accommodations can be reached.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.