Asked in Real Estate Law, Estate Planning and Probate for New York

Q: How do i get my name added to a deed. In Orange County NY

I am the administrator of my father's estate. My stepmother who predeceased him took out a mortgage in her name only. I cannot get any information on the loan until i get my name added to the deed. What is the quickest way for me to get this done. This information is needed urgently.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: You may be better off reposting under the "Real Estate" category. I'm sorry your question remains open for two weeks, given the urgency of the matter. It was probably overlooked under the "Government Contracts" heading. Some questions do go unanswered on this forum, but you would have better chances of a response from someone with insight into deeds by reposting under the "Real Estate" heading. Since you mention an estate, you might also consider adding the categories of "Probate" and "Estate Planning" to cover all bases. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.