Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Divorce for California

Q: I was coerced into signing a fraudulent divorce deal memo, what are my option prior to the hearing to show good cause ?

I am self represented in a high profil divorce case in Los Angeles. The deal memorandum i was coerced into signing is fraudulent. The court as set an order to show cause - re entry of judgement in 2month but I refuse to sign the judgement knowing that the deal in itself isn’t fair at all and deprive me off most of my community property. I want to know what are my options to get a fair deal and have a strategy prior to that hearing

Also please note that this case involves lots of assets, domestic violences which I was victim off, as well as a false police report that my husband did hoping it would help me get 0$ , I have the support of Hollywood police station for that matter and there is a pending request for prosecution consideration in the district attorney office against him for the multiple violences that took place. Unfortunately in that boiler plate deal memorandum, I’m also waiving my rights to pursue anything against him, there is also a waiver for full financial discovery,

1 Lawyer Answer
James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
  • San Bernardino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: More information is needed to meaningfully respond to your question. Speak with an attorney in your area who can provide immediate assistance. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and representation.]

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.