Appleton, WI asked in Employment Law and Health Care Law for Wisconsin

Q: what type of attorney do i need to go after employer and employer insurance company? this is not a workman comp. case.

had to have major back surgery, was already on fmla. employer had me on short term, which wasn't consistant, then turned to long term, once turned to long term, they sent me threw wrong insurance company for 3 months, then finally got the right insurance company. it took over 5 months to even get a payment. only received one payment. doctor said intentivley return in may. that isnt the case. need more surgeries, insurance asked for more paper work, still haven't received another payment.had to have more mri's doc put on papers intentivly december, i should have received some type of payment since may but havent. loosing my house and everything. the insurance company already sent me to a disability attorney to fight for my disability threw the state.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Wisconsin attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. It looks like you may have at least two issues to sort out here, aside from the disability claim for which you already have an attorney. Employment attorneys would know about FMLA matters. As for the MRIs and surgeries, there are health care claim attorneys who deal with insurance claims/denials. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.