Wisconsin Health Care Law Questions & Answers

Q: Will my long term care insurance be negated if I move into an assisted living residence? Which is a better option?

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Elder Law for Wisconsin on
Answered on Aug 23, 2018
Thomas B. Burton's answer
It is likely that the long term care insurance policy covers an assisted living facility, because assisted living facilities generally cost less than nursing homes. However, you should check the details of your policy to be sure. Each long term care insurance policy can be different and will be governed by the terms of the agreement that you signed. If your brother's long term care policy is currently paying for his nursing home care, then it seems likely they would pay for an assisted living...

Q: What are some questions when meeting with the hospital after a wrongful death?

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Wrongful Death and Medical Malpractice for Wisconsin on
Answered on Feb 11, 2018
Peter Munsing's answer
Listen, don't say much except "we're processing."

Take notes.Ask for records if they talk about what happened.

Contact a member of the Wisconsin Assn for Justice who handles medical cases--they give free consults.

Q: If electronic health care record errors caused me severe permanent injuries and monetary damages what do I do?

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Wisconsin on
Answered on Dec 19, 2017
Peter Munsing's answer
Unlikely, but speak to whoever was representing you in the malpractice case.

Q: My son (age 17) was committed to a mental health against our will, am I responsible for these bills?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Health Care Law for Wisconsin on
Answered on Sep 23, 2016
Peter Munsing's answer
It's an emergency hospitalization and most insurance would cover that even if labeled mental health. If it doesn't it may violate the ACA. Make sure hospital submits. If son is diabled due to MH he may be eligible for Medical Assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.