Pasadena, CA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Election Law and Gov & Administrative Law for California

Q: Is there an example from California state La superior court to appeal to change my biased judge and continue trial soon

Is there an example from Ca state La superior court to appeal to change my biased judge and continue trial immediately? My current trial was wrongly decided as a mistrial when defendants attorney (all white ppl) pressured the judge (female Asian like me, my legal team are all Asian), after first trial she allowed defendants to insert new documents that were possibly forged like existing forged document in the exhibits. She overruled my attorney’s all 5 valid objections. I found many ppl complained on the internet about same thing during her 15 yrs term, I feel she is racist, extremely incompetent unqualified, she wasn’t elected on 2020, there is no way I can find justice against the people who defrauded me at her court, it’s been a mistrial since last Friday, caused me over $100k direct monetary damage and huge financial burden to continue open discovery, I’m mentally more depressed after 4 yrs of suffering from her inefficient performance. Could you help to find answer to appeal now?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You can put in a motion for a new trial and base it on those grounds.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.