Spring, TX asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas

Q: My niece is on parole and claimed this as her residence when released how do I remove her from my home

I didn't give my niece permission to live here and now I've got problems with her behavior parole board is coming to search premises because I've complained about her being here. I'm not equipped to care for financially or otherwise to have her here shes aggressive, difficult, causing problems, disrupting household and now I've got them coming to search my house I didn't agree to any of this and don't know what to do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr. pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: Unfortunately, if she has been staying there for over 30 days, you will have to evict her or make a claim that she is violating her parole conditions. If you do the latter (Parole Vio.), she will go back to prison.

Maybe you should tell her she had better find a new place, or face a violation.

Good luck with this. You are in a terrible position.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.